Friday, March 11, 2011

(What feels like) a big step.

Today, my fiance' and I are leaving for our first big trip together. He's been to my house a couple of times, I've been to his a couple times 10, but we've never been to a new place (for me, at least) together. Today, we cross over to the western U.S. to visit Eric's family in Visalia, CA. It's already been an adventure, and we have yet to board a plane.

Whether petty or just silly, it's a good strange taking our first trip like this. The planning of this trip has been...well, an experience, to say it simply. Eric is more relaxed and somewhat a do-(important)-things-last-minute type o' guy. I am not either of those (planning procrastinator, or a guy). I love Eric dearly, and I have learned that loving him means setting aside my OCD nature to have everything figured out and just roll with it. A fine example of testing my patience, if you will.

The psychology of this trip is unlike something I've ever felt before. I know he's only my fiance', but holy cow, he's my fiance'! We're visiting his grandpa and aunt and uncle, and the last time we saw them was the first time they met me - just last April. We've been planning this trip ever since, and it's like, "Woah; this part of his family is meeting me for the second time, and we're going from the 'Hi, how are you, it's so nice to meet you' stage to the 'So, when's the big date'." Maybe I'm freaking out about it, but this trip is a big deal.

...It is 11 PM and I am supposed to be ready to go in five hours. I'm debating whether or not I should go to bed - a haven of slumber that I still have to make after washing my sheets. I hate doing that; making my newly-washed bedding only to crawl in it for a night. Maybe I'll sleep on the couch tonight. Although the three cushions like to escape onto the floor during the night - probably from harboring my surely-heavy body - I don't want to have the obligation of making my bed in the morning.

Spring break, California, relationship status change, meeting family members (again), and making beds. I categorize this post as "things in between", or as an inarticulate spew of random thoughts from severe lack of sleep. Read it as you wish, laugh if you feel so inclined, or scoff because I'm ridiculous.

Blogging when I should be sleeping,
Ash

1 comment: